1. What personal information about you do we collect and hold?
We may collect and hold personal information about you. This includes:
- your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth and other information about you such as age and gender;
- credit related information when you apply for credit from us or we get a credit report about you;
- details about your vehicle purchase and servicing such as purchase date, purchase details, vehicle registration, name of selling dealer, service history and repair, warranty and recall details;
- information you give us, such as when you contact our Customer Service Centre, login to our website, or call our roadside assistance;
- from marketing campaigns, product surveys, and research, when you access and use our social media platforms and any publicly available information;
- any other personal information we have to collect to identify you;
- details in identity documents given to us, such as passport number, driver's licence number, Medicare card number; and
- payment details including bank account, credit card details and other payment information if you buy our products and services.
We will only collect sensitive information about you if you agree, unless the law lets us, or when the law says that we must collect it. Sensitive information includes information about your religious beliefs, ethnic origin, race and health.
If you give us personal information about another person, please tell them you have given it and tell them about this policy.
We hold your personal information in secure electronic and physical files.
2. How do we collect and hold your personal information?
Usually we collect personal information about you from you and from LDV dealers who received information from you.
We may collect personal information about you:
- when you contact us by email, phone, in person, by SMS or other forms of communication, including our website or our social media platforms;
- when you take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys, and sponsorships;
- when you fill in order forms for a vehicle, parts or accessories, or book your vehicle for servicing;
- when you apply for credit;
- when you contact us about any of our products and services; or
- from related companies, dealers and our service providers(such as Roadside Assist).
We may also collect personal information about you from other people such as:
- your accountant or employer, when required, as part of your credit assessment;
- any personal referee provided by you;
- any credit provider that gave credit to you, to assess your credit application;
- any credit reporting body that gives us a credit report about you;
- your insurer or broker;
- our agents;
- any government authorities;
- marketing agencies and marketing lists; and
- other people you refer to us or who refer us to you.
3. How do we collect and hold your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for:
- meeting our obligations to you (including warranty, recall, and roadside assistance) as the owner or driver of a vehicle;
- answering your inquiries or comments;
- customer service and product development;
- to assess your application for credit;
- to assess your application for a product or service;
- deciding whether to offer you additional credit or to renew credit;
- developing, administering and managing our services and businesses;
- promotions and marketing including direct marketing;
- research to improve our websites, products or services;
- any other customer support purposes;
- dealing with complaints;
- complying with laws. These laws include:
- the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, which requires us to collect personal information about you when verifying your identity;
- the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, which requires us to make inquiries about you when assessing an application for credit by you; and
- the Personal Property Securities Act 2009, under which we may need to collect personal information about you to record a security interest on the Personal Property Securities Register;
- any other purpose you agree to;
- our legal obligations, assisting government and enforcement bodies or regulators, or where otherwise required or authorised by law, or an order of a court or tribunal.
4. Who will we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose personal information about you:
- to our agents or contractors. These include businesses we use such as mailing houses, insurers, printers, information technology service providers, lawyers, accountants, debt collection agencies, and other service providers;
- to Ateco Automotive Pty Limited, ACN 000 486 706 and LDV dealers, but only if they use it for the same purposes as set out above and only in connection with the LDV dealership franchise;
- anyone else that you agree may get the information from us;
- any disclosure which is required or authorised by law, including to AUSTRAC in respect of any suspicious or threshold transactions or activities; and
- if you have applied for credit from us:
- to a credit reporting body, to get a credit report about you and/or to allow the credit reporting body to maintain a credit information file containing information about you;
- to a debt collection agency;
- to identity verification vendors including credit reporting bodies who use your government identifiers (for example your driver's licence number or passport number) to verify your identity for us;
- your employer or former employer (for example, to conduct a reference check for finance applications);
- with your consent, to other credit providers for the purpose of assessing your application for credit; or
- with your consent, to guarantors or proposed guarantors if a credit arrangement is or will be guaranteed.
Your personal information may be given to our parent company in Japan, our related companies and our service providers that are located or hold data elsewhere in the world, including New Zealand, United Kingdom, Thailand and United States of America. If it is disclosed to an overseas recipient, we will only do this if we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipient will engage with the personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles and our instructions or where we reasonably believe they are subject to laws that protect your personal information in the same or substantially the same way as the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will take reasonable steps to protect and keep secure the personal information we hold.
If personal information held by us is lost or there is unauthorised access or disclosure, we will investigate. We will also notify the breach to the Information Commissioner and affected individuals if we are required to do this under the Privacy Act.
5. How do we use your personal information for marketing?
We may contact you with marketing material about our other products or services, special offers, promotions and events that may be of interest to you. We can do this if you have agreed, or when you would reasonably expect that your information would be used or disclosed this way.
We may also share your personal information with Ateco Automotive Pty Limited, ACN 000 486 706 and the LDV dealer network, so they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
7. How can you access your personal information?
You may ask for access to personal information we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address below. Where we hold information that you can access, we will try to give you choices about how you can access (e.g., emailing or mailing it to you). We may charge a fee to cover the cost of getting your information.
If you think personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you can ask us to amend it. We will amend the information if we agree with you, or make a record of your comment.
8. Do you have a question or complaint?
If you have any questions about this policy or you have a privacy issue or complaint, please contact us:
The Privacy Officer
LDV Financial Services
Locked Bag 2004
BRANDON PARK VIC 3150
Phone: 1800 518 184
We will respond and tell you we agree with your complaint. If we do not agree, we will give reasons. If we do agree, we will tell you what action we will take.
If you are still not happy, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
- Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges). If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284 9749
- TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls.)
- TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don't speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner).
- Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
- Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also make a complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority at or by calling 1800 931 678.
9. Privacy and our website
You can visit our website without telling us who you are. The information that you give us on our website will depend on the services you use. In some parts of our website you might have to give us personal information like your name and email address. We will only ask for personal information if we need it to provide a service to you or to comply with the law.
The internet is not completely secure. We can't guarantee the security of personal information you provide online. We will not be liable for breaches of security or unintended loss or disclosure of that information. This does not exclude our liability in any way that is not allowed by law.
10. How do we manage your credit-related information?
We have a credit reporting policy about how we manage credit-related personal information including the kinds of information we collect, how we collect and hold that information, what we use that information for, and who we may disclose the information to. Our credit reporting policy is available at https://www.ldvautomotive.com.au/privacy/.